INFORMATION SYSTEM STRATEGY
Information Systems strategy is still an underdeveloped subject in the full context of strategic management. The inability to coherently frame the long term goal-oriented objectives of IT investments often lead to a failure in exploiting the potential of such investments to its fullest. Most importantly, the insufficient attention to human factors, either in terms of involvement of end users or in clear/consistent communication to all stakeholders, could seriously dent the perception of an otherwise technically successful project. Mave Consultancy provides a comprehensive insight in the assessment of such initiatives. Our IT Strategy consulting framework includes a methodical approach that advocates:
- IT Strategy Definition : Formulation of strategic agendas, and how IT would meet stakeholder expectations.
- IT Portfolio Management : Balancing availability of resources with business demands, eliminating redundancy.
- Content & Collaboration Management : Optimal sharing of information, along with integrated workflow based processes across multiple departments.
Strategy formulation refers to the process of choosing the most appropriate course of action for the realization of organizational goals and objectives and thereby achieving the organizational vision. At Mave, the process of strategy formulation basically involves six main steps:
- Setting Organizations' objectives
- Evaluating the Organizational Environment
- Setting Quantitative Targets
- Aiming in context with the divisional plans
- Performance Analysis
- Choice of Strategy
TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT
We Reduce And Contain Your Costs Around Technology
At Mave we believe in providing reliable and cost-effective technology support services to efficiently resolve the complex and persistent technology issues, frustrations and challenges faced by your businesses in today's ever increasingly complex technology dependent environments. The people that ask for our help want to reduce and control their costs around technology and are seeking predictable technology results for a predictable fee. We adhere to a peer reviewed information technology support approach and methodology that leverages enterprise level software applications and tools to properly support your network, infrastructure, desktops, employees and strategic business initiatives.
Selecting an Information System
Choosing the right underlying information systems, both at the application and infrastructure level, is the backbone to ensuring you can meet the strategic needs of your business.
Information Systems Assessment
Mave Consultancy will work jointly with you to understand your overall corporate strategy and business objectives.
Business and Technical Requirements Gathering
Prioritized business requirements for the implementation of your future information technology solutions are required to ensure that you choose the appropriate technology to meet your company's needs. Mave will work with you by facilitating sessions with your business unit stakeholders. The outcome of the business and technical requirements gathering is a list of processes and requirements that are turned into a specification document which is used as the benchmark for future technology implementations and/or optimizations.
Mave experts have completed many real-world projects, spanning technologies from legacy mainframe to the latest in web-based technology. We help organizations that need advice firmly grounded in real-world expertise, provided by specialists who are accustomed to making sure the job gets done.
We primarily offer Technology consulting in these areas:
Systems Healthcheck - Take stock and identify opportunities for big improvements, efficiencies and cost savings in a complicated IT environment.
With the cumulative impact of growth, mergers, downturns and market changes, the typical IT base is made up of a disparate mix of legacy systems and newer technologies of varying (and often hidden) complexity. Using the most advanced techniques we go in-depth to measure and report on systems in several dimensions relevant to technical staff and executives.
SOA Strategy - We help clients navigate the array of vendor offerings, differing approaches, and many pitfalls in the successful implementation of an SOA.
In the process of orchestration the developer associates software functionality (the services) in a non-hierarchical arrangement using a software tool that contains a complete list of all available services, their characteristics, and the means to build an application utilizing these sources.
Architecture Review and Guidance - Mave's considerable expertise and strong reputation in software architecture helps you review and evolve your systems landscape.
HIGH - FIDELITY CONSULTANCY
Benefits of high fidelity consultancy and implementation
- First and foremost, a high-fidelity prototype gives our client something realistic enough to try out their ideas before making a significant investment. This lets you discover which ideas are good and which are not, and if the product has real value, and also discover if you can figure out how to use the product.
- Doing a high-fidelity prototype helps our clients - even forces them - to think through their product to a much greater degree than paper specications.
- A high-fidelity design enables and encourages the type of collaboration between product manager, interaction designer, and architect/engineer that is necessary to discover a valuable, useful and feasible product.
- A high-fidelity consultancy provides the level of information necessary for accurate engineering, cost estimates, early in the process when these estimates are most useful.
- A high-fidelity prototype provides the engineers and QA organization with a rich, interactive description of the product's intended functionality and design to be used as a reference basis for implementation and test.
- A high-fidelity test provides the rest of the organization - marketing, sales, customer service, business development, company executives - with a useful understanding of the product to come early enough in the process that they have time to do their jobs properly.
- A high-fidelity prototype prevents the classic waterfall problem of doing design after the requirements, rather than realizing that functionality and user experience are inherently intertwined.
- By doing a high-fidelity analysis we are able to test our ideas with users and find significant problems. It can save the company's cost in terms of time and money of building something that would have failed. Not to mention the opportunity cost of what the team could have been building.
- By doing a high-fidelity prototype and validating this with target users, we can significantly reduce the time it takes for the developers to build the product both because the product is better defined, and also because we have been forced to resolve many of the questions early that otherwise throw a wrench into development.
- A high-fidelity implamentation helps keep the focus of the team on the user experience.